My mom forced me to read this book when I was a teenager and I know many of these habits positively affected my early adult life. By incorporating these habits, I graduated early, successfully started my teaching career, and now I am well on my way to receiving my masters degree. I like to think I possess all of these habits but I exemplify some more than others.
Habits I need to "practice" more:
Habit 1 is more difficult for me. I tend to "go for it" with some or little thought of the end in mind. I use this with decorating ideas and financial goals in my personal life. I always use this in my classroom. I always write down what I want my students to know before I test them. This keeps me on task and the students "in the know" so there are no surprises on test day!
Habit 6 is also another habit that has room for improvement. While I am very comfortable using technology, I do have habits that could be better improved with technology. With reference to my classroom, it takes a lot of time and thought to convert lessons to a technological platform.
Habits that are easy to have:
In refernece to Habit 7, I know I am a life long learner but what I have recently discovered is that I have been a life long teacher. From a young age, I always helped my peers and family members learn and discover new things. I enjoy mentoring my students; giving them knowledge and advice is my favorite part of my job.
Habit 7.5 is play! This habit is a constant struggle but if I don't make time for myself, then I won't be giving my best self to the world.
I could not agree with you more on Habit 6. I wish I was better using technology because that is the way students want to learn. I agree with you though it does take time to put a lesson together using technology and it is quite frustrating when the technology does not work properly.
ReplyDelete