Monday, December 5, 2011

Thing 13

Zoho's writing tools were great for a free word processing outlet! It had all the standard features that any writer would want; however, I can see the internet "going out" along with my unsaved work! I like my recovery option on Word! I do think the internet has made a once expensive necessity available for all...if you trust your internet connection!

I am very familiar with Google Docs. I frequently use this in my classroom! I submit my weekly lesson plans through spreadsheets and my students submit their essays by means of this program. Recently, with my second year students, I assigned each of my students a grammar topic to review and they were to "share" their notes via Google Docs. The basic information is in that shared folder with no evil outside internet information creeping in! It's great! For my example, I used the drawing features; I have never used these features and wanted to play around with it

I personally prefer Google Docs over Zoho. Google Docs is SO convenient. As soon as your check your mail, you can check, edit, and share you documents. As superficial as it sounds, I hate Zoho's logo! It's cheesy and dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment