Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thing 10

  • Tools, such as RSS, are great ways to retrieve the latest information. The internet is consistently updated and one rarely gets the latest information about ever-changing topics from a simple search engine. These tools actually do give you the latest information and you don't have to search for it!
  • As far as school life is concerned, I doubt that there will be frequently updated information in the realm of Latin and ancient culture but an example might come from a new archeological find! How exciting would that be!? Professionally and personally, I would like to receive new updates on technology that I can use within and outside my classroom.
  • The first thing that comes to mind when utilizing this technology in the classroom would be SCIENCE CLASS! The amount of research that is conducted and published daily is astonishing and any student or teacher can find out about it without search for it through RSS.

2 comments:

  1. Even with an ancient (and particularly awesome) language like latin, technology will still be able to play a part. Rosetta Stone software is a powerful program even if it does come with a hefty price tag and the Nintendo DS handheld has released the My Coach series of games that are language-learning based and I'm sure one will be released for latin eventually at which point it will be mine MWAHAHA! cough cough excuse me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was actually a tester for the Latin Rosetta Stone software! The DS game sounds awesome! Keep me posted on that one! :)

    ReplyDelete