I. Commenting can literally create a "chain reaction". First, the commenter is able to voice his or her opinion and who doesn't love that? This creates a sense of community and an open forum for discussion. For instance, what if a blogger inadvertently offends a reader: That reader is now able to directly let the world know! Also, other commenters and the original blogger can clarify, defend, or retract statements. This is a great feature about our advancements in communication.
II. My two points from the readings:
1. "Write meaningful comments"- from the Coolcat Teacher: Not one blogger wants to receive a simple "Okay :)" from a reader after spilling personal thoughts, advice, and experiences in a blog. A positive comment can encourage the blogger to continue blog; also, comments can generate future blog topics.
2. "Be humble."- from the Problogger: Since everyone experiences conflict, rejection, negativity, and mistakes in life, people are attracted to reading humbling thoughts and stories. No one like a pompous person and no one is perfect!
III.
Classmates:
1. Damaris- I loved her blog's layout. She also commented on my blog! We both teach foreign languages and share similar tribulations.
2. Rachel- Rachel and I share similar opinions about blogging and one's need to seek a connection with the world.
3. Hyam- Her blog's layout is stunning! She is a very creative person and I respect that! I commented on her "Thing 7" because she posted pictures of her origami! It is so neat!
4. Roman- We both shared a similar view on commenting and he poetically expressed it by saying that if no one commented it is like "telling a story and no one listening." Well said!
5. Emily Henson- I commented on Emily's mainly because I was a long-term substitute in her economics class a few years back! (Haha) We also shared similar views on the necessity of commenting.
Other blogs: I'm not sure if we have "free range" of subject matter on this topic but here it is! I love cooking and it truly is my favorite thing in this world. I love reading cooking blogs to get recipes or restaurant suggestions.
1.http://www.seriouseats.com/- This blog talks about a variety of food topics! Rather it be trivial facts about food, or where to get the best burger in Texas- this blog has it all!
2.http://anastybite.blogspot.com/- This blogger is located in Nashville. She blogs about various hotspots, new resturants and all the while, putting a healthful spin on life.
IV. All comments were made because I related to what the author of the blog was saying. People naturally want someone to relate to and blogs are a great tool for people to use to connect to one another.
II. My two points from the readings:
1. "Write meaningful comments"- from the Coolcat Teacher: Not one blogger wants to receive a simple "Okay :)" from a reader after spilling personal thoughts, advice, and experiences in a blog. A positive comment can encourage the blogger to continue blog; also, comments can generate future blog topics.
2. "Be humble."- from the Problogger: Since everyone experiences conflict, rejection, negativity, and mistakes in life, people are attracted to reading humbling thoughts and stories. No one like a pompous person and no one is perfect!
III.
Classmates:
1. Damaris- I loved her blog's layout. She also commented on my blog! We both teach foreign languages and share similar tribulations.
2. Rachel- Rachel and I share similar opinions about blogging and one's need to seek a connection with the world.
3. Hyam- Her blog's layout is stunning! She is a very creative person and I respect that! I commented on her "Thing 7" because she posted pictures of her origami! It is so neat!
4. Roman- We both shared a similar view on commenting and he poetically expressed it by saying that if no one commented it is like "telling a story and no one listening." Well said!
5. Emily Henson- I commented on Emily's mainly because I was a long-term substitute in her economics class a few years back! (Haha) We also shared similar views on the necessity of commenting.
Other blogs: I'm not sure if we have "free range" of subject matter on this topic but here it is! I love cooking and it truly is my favorite thing in this world. I love reading cooking blogs to get recipes or restaurant suggestions.
1.http://www.seriouseats.com/- This blog talks about a variety of food topics! Rather it be trivial facts about food, or where to get the best burger in Texas- this blog has it all!
2.http://anastybite.blogspot.com/- This blogger is located in Nashville. She blogs about various hotspots, new resturants and all the while, putting a healthful spin on life.
IV. All comments were made because I related to what the author of the blog was saying. People naturally want someone to relate to and blogs are a great tool for people to use to connect to one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment